If you are eager to have a festive holiday drink for the Christmas table or if you need a little refreshment for your body and soul in cold weather, this mulled wine recipe is worth trying! Warming and natural mulled with a rich bouquet of flavours will surely become your and your guests’ favourite Christmas drink.
Quantity: for two
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Difficulty level: easy
You will need:
- 300ml natural unsweetened apple juice
- 300ml natural unsweetened lingonberry, cranberry or blackcurrant juice
- 2-3 slices of fresh orange
- 2 star anise stars
- about ? teaspoon of cardamom
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks (cinnamon bark)
- if desired, 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- ? tsp cloves
How to prepare?
Pour the juice together with spices and orange slices into a pot and let it boil. Heat over medium heat for 20 minutes and then turn off the heat. Let the mulled wine stand with the lid on for another 10 minutes and, if desired, stir in the maple syrup. Serve and enjoy immediately!